Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Stroll through Helen Putnam Regional Park

My interesting thing for the day was taking a walk through Helen Putnam, one of my absolute favorite places in the world. It's a park close to my house that's just a bunch of rolling hills with open, grassy areas and big clusters of oak trees, among other local flora. I've been going there for as long as I can remember, but I grew particularly close to the park when I ran countless miles along its trails as part of cross country training in high school. As you will see, spring at Helen Putnam is arguably the best time to see it, because it is so so so green. The oaks have new leaves, the new grass springs from the wet ground, and poison oak comes up, green this time of year, through the shrubbery. It was a pretty ideal place to test out my new camera, though I have some work to do on figuring out how to take quality shots. More of that to come, I'm sure. Anyway, below are a few of the best I got. I had to compress the files to post them, so anything wrong with the photos is not a result of my inability to use the camera properly. I promise.



If you are wondering, those white things are water towers, and the city over the ridge is Petaluma.






Some of the best views of Petaluma are from these hills. This photo doesn't do the view justice.


No comments:

Post a Comment