Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Post for the sake of posting

I'm tired, so this will be a post for the sake of posting, as the title of the post says. The main point of doing the blog before being in Oxford is to build a habit of doing it daily. I haven't missed a day yet, and I don't plan to.

First thing I did to day was wake up at 8 am (I know, right?) to go running with Naran. We have a list of things we made over the summer that we said we needed to do together, and this was one of them. We have two left on the list and all of next year to do them. So, we did it, but it was kind of painful.

I got lunch with Aaron Kalb at the Thai Cafe in the psych building. Their business model is great - only offer soups, salads, and two dishes a day for a reasonable price. It's a small place, but there were dozens of people of line at any given time, and it was probably the fastest moving line I have ever been in. It's a money-making machine.

Aaron is now among my favorite people to have meals with. Our conversations are always meaningful and enlightening. I think we both find each other very interesting and relate well. It's a shame I didn't hang out with him more in the last three years. But oh well.

I returned Austin Powers to the library, rented a couple more British movies, and then spent an hour or so reading British history next to the hoop fountain.

I went rock climbing with Ben.

I talked with Chris Olivares and John Rothfels about CS and, particularly interestingly, machine learning. It's going to solve some pretty cool problems in the future, I bet.

Went to AEPi rush; it was Jazz and Hookah Night.

Came back to Yost. Watched Trainspotting, a Scottish movie I rented, with Ben. Wrote this blog post. Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment