Monday, April 25, 2011

Starting to Work Again and a Fire Alarm

Easter Sunday!

I actually started working again for more or less the first time since finals last quarter at Stanford. I have four chapters of reading due on Tuesday for History of London and a problem set due for my atomic physics tutorial on Thursday. I was surprised to find a very useful copy of Shankar's Principles of Quantum Mechanics in our little library downstairs.

While I was working, around noon, the fire alarm went off. A safe, but annoying, feature of our house is that the smoke detectors set off a fire alarm that calls the fire department. So more than 30 of us were stuck outside while the fire department came and inspected the whole house. They wouldn't let us back in until they figured out what caused the alarm. Since nobody admitted to cooking anything in the second floor kitchen or burning paper in the library, we sat in the courtyard outside for probably more than an hour.

Eventually, Mori, Lynette, Libby, and I gave up waiting in the courtyard and went out for lunch. We got some sandwiches and took them to Christ Church meadows. We weren't supposed to be there, though, so a lady came and shooed us off.

The rest of the day I spent working, eating, chatting, and watching The Hangover.

That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment