Saturday, May 28, 2011

On Olives

Yes. I checked email again.

I figure that my favorite sandwich shop deserves a brief post, since it has supplied me with, give or take, a dozen meals.

10 simple facts and comments:

1) Their baguettes are delicious.
2) Their onion marmalade (which I get on every single sandwich) is superb.
3) I usually order my sandwiches with cornichons. Because they are also delicious.
4) I've tried their mayo chicken, pesto chicken, smoked salmon, and smoked salmon with cream cheese baguettes. All are wonderful.
5) The price for one of the best sandwiches of all time is 2.50 to 3.50 pounds. Pretty cheap by Oxford standards.
6) Once I got their chicken and peppers panini. Not surprisingly, delicious.
7) I had one of their smoked salmon and cream cheese baguettes for breakfast/lunch today.
8) The guy, who I think runs the place, is the most generous with ingredients, but I don't think he's ever made one of my sandwiches. The other girls, all French or Italian I think, are still pretty generous.
9) My only complaint: Olives is closed on Sundays. :-)
10) The only day I go to Taylor's is Sunday. (Taylor's is the deli franchise across the street from Stanford House).

No comments:

Post a Comment