Sunday, May 29, 2011

Challah for Hunger Disappointment

A couple weeks ago, I got really excited when I was invited to the Challah for Hunger bake here in Oxford. Challah for Hunger is such a fun organization at Stanford, I figured it would be a good way to spend some time with some Jews and meet a few new friends. So I responded to the Facebook event page, telling them that I was coming. The Facebook page didn't give many details. It said that the baking/cleaning/selling would be at the Rabbi's house, where I've been before, on Wednesday from 11am to 11pm. I figured that this couldn't actually be right, but the page said, "More information coming soon." I waited for more information. Eventually, Wednesday rolled around and there wasn't any more information. So I posted a question on the event page and sent the girl in charge a message asking when it was beginning. The Rabbi sent me a message telling me to ask the girl, which I already had. And I got no reply from her. So, not knowing what the deal was, I didn't go at all. I still haven't gotten any sort of message back from this girl explaining what happened. Maybe they really were working on challah for 12 hours straight, and maybe not. Either way, I was really bummed that I didn't get to bake challah with them, and really frustrated that their organization isn't very well organized.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry about your experience. I'd like to chat with you about this. Please email me at eli [at] challah.org.

    ReplyDelete